The primary purpose of Envision Success is to provide support through activities such as counseling, education and training to individuals struggling to live a productive life due to choices, challenges, and circumstances including, but not limited to, veterans returning from military service (reintegration programs), individuals returning from incarceration (reentry programs), individuals facing incarceration (diversion programs), individuals who did not complete high school (education, testing and training programs), women and others leaving an abusive relationship (independent living programs), and individuals struggling with addiction or other mental illness (wellness and recovery programs).
Educational purposes of this organization include: (a) The instruction or training of individuals for the purpose of improving or developing their capabilities, (b) activities including public discussion groups, forums, panels, lectures, or other similar programs for the purpose of improving or developing individual and community capabilities, (c) programs presented may include courses of instruction by correspondence or through the use of television, the Internet or radio.
Support activities may include a gift shop, restaurant, and other activities intended to provide both income to sustain the operation of the corporation and hands on learning opportunities for individuals served.Testimonials
The programs at Envision Success are especially intended to help individuals struggling to be successful because of addiction, mental disorder, and a criminal history, along with veterans returning from combat or otherwise impacted, adults who left high school early, individuals escaping an abusive relationship, and others unprepared for successful independent living. The programs will be open to anyone wishing to improve their life and pursue their education, learn new skills, or live independently and successfully in spite of past life struggles or poor decisions. Our primary goal is to fill the identified gaps in case management or support services, those not currently or adequately provided in Cleveland County. While many organizations provide case management services, the amount and quality of services is often limited by resources including funding, training and time.
Classes will involve lectures as well as hands-on experiential opportunities to develop skills such as gardening, cooking, career search, effective parenting skills, problem solving, basic business skills, and artistic expression. For example, one program we will develop and administer is a "Theatre as a Life Skill" program that by lecture and the production of a play teaches several skills that can be applied to life as well as the workforce. These skills include time management, reliability, construction, memorization, working with others, collaboration and compromise, creative writing, technical writing skills, public speaking, organization, planning, and much more Staff will include Licensed Behavioral Health Counselors, Certified Drug and Alcohol Counselors, Certified/trained Behavioral Health Case Managers, Interns, Education and Subject matter Specialists and other individuals certified or otherwise qualified in their specific job. Additionally, all staff, interns and volunteers will be specifically trained to understand the unique culture and specific considerations of working with Envision Success participants.
Each Participant will be assessed for Strengths and Challenges in the dimensions of Medical/Dental needs, Education/Employment needs, Mental Health and Addiction treatment needs, Family and Other Support Relationships, Legal Concerns, as well as housing, transportation and support needs. Each participant will be assigned to a support team consisting of a Licensed or Certified behavior health provider, a case management specialist, a volunteer mentor, and a career coach. The team will assist the participant in developing an individualized success plan designed to address the variety of challenges typically encountered by participants. Using a team approach increases stability for the participant along with the likelihood the individual will continue to engage in the support services and programs offered.
Participants can learn culinary skills, meal planning abilities, healthy eating knowledge, healthy meal preparation skills, front of the restaurant management and operation skills, kitchen management skills, purchasing and inventory, catering, and special event planning skills
• The café will be open to the public. Customers pay a donation or volunteer in some way to earn a dining certificate for a meal. Those that can are invited to donate money to cover another person's meal.
• Our kitchen staff will prepare healthy, delicious meals with the freshest ingredients, some grown in our own garden.
• At Joe’s Café all guests will be treated with cheerfulness, kindness, and respect.
• The café will also be available to cater internal and external events at competitive prices.
• The café (internally and at catered events) will display information promoting Envision Success Center Programs as an opportunity to market our programs to potential participants and donors.
• The café staff will also host cooking and meal planning classes for members of the community.
• Joe's Café at night will host a variety of Entertainment programs including karaoke, open mike, mystery dinner, Trivia, Board games, Local bands etc.
(potatoes, pasta, salad)
Participants can learn culinary skills, meal planning abilities, healthy eating knowledge, healthy meal preparation skills, food truck management and operation skills, purchasing and inventory, catering, and special event planning skills
• The food truck will display information promoting Envision Success Center Programs as an opportunity to market our programs to potential participants and donors.
• The food truck will be open to the public and because it is mobile it will travel to a variety of locations including festivals and fairs, catering events and regularly scheduled locations.
(plus Landscaping, lawn care and farmers market)
Participants will learn garden planning, landscaping, planting and cultivation knowledge and skills, produce sales and marketing skills, produce storage skills, and lawn care skills.
• The garden will primarily support the Diner and Food Truck
• Excess produce will be sold to the public through farmer’s markets, or other direct sales.
• The lawn care trucks will display information promoting Envision Success Center Programs as an opportunity to market our programs to potential participants and donors.
Participants can learn store management and operation skills including: Excellent customer service skills, intelligent buying and inventory management skills, customer focused marketing, employee management, efficient store operations, managing with financial information, effective staff training knowledge, strategic merchandising and visual display, long-range planning, and disciplined, professional leadership.
• The store will be available at regularly scheduled times, internal special events, and internet orders.
• Products will include consignment, purchased and donated artwork and items produced by participants, staff or community members, Hank’s garden/greenhouse produce, Envision Success, Joe’s Café, 59 Toppings and Theater merchandise such as coffee mugs, tee shirts and key chains.
• The store will display information promoting Envision Success Center Programs as an opportunity to market our programs to potential participants and donors.
Participants can combine the visual arts, movement, drama, music, writing and other creative processes to foster deep personal growth and community development. By integrating the arts processes and allowing one to flow into another, we gain access to our inner resources for healing, clarity, illumination and creativity.
Participants can learn skills such as time management, reliability, memorization, public speaking, compromise, working with others, making your peers look good, perspective, dealing with public issues, problem solving, taking direction, intuitivity, construction, sewing, design, business skills, selling tickets, etc.
• Includes a series of lecture and workshop classes as well as a production class in three parts: performance, backstage, front of house
• By using a theater model the setting promotes a creative and productive atmosphere, making learning easy, fun, and accessible.
• Diner Theater and traditional stage performances will be open to the community providing an opportunity to showcase our programs, talent, and raise funds to support sustainability.
• The theater will display information promoting Envision Success Center Programs as an opportunity to market our programs to potential participants and donors.
• Theater programs and classes will also be provided to members of the community.
Participants can develop skills such as creativity, confidence, problem solving, perseverance, focus, non-verbal communication, receiving constructive feedback, collaboration, dedication, and accountability. • Includes a series of lecture and workshop classes
• By using an art class model the setting promotes a creative and productive atmosphere, making learning easy, fun, relevant, and accessible.
• Art Classes and Gallery Events will be open to the community providing an opportunity to showcase our programs, talent, and raise funds to support sustainability.
• The café will display artwork promoting Envision Success Center Programs as an opportunity to market our programs to potential participants and donors.
Participants can learn healthy living skills through Fitness programs, Meditation and relaxation programs, and Eating healthy on a budget,
• Therapeutic massage will be available as a medically proven method for supporting health and wellness.
• Medical and Dental Resources. Includes Health Fairs, mobile truck and health information and training Programs (CPR/First Aid classes, HIV/Aids & STDs, general Health information)
• Wellness and Fitness Classes. Includes a series of lecture and workshop classes as well as a practical applications and referral to external resources.
• Jake's Game Night. A Selection of games and a Snack bar (nacho chips, cheese, salsa, sour cream, veggies, popcorn) will be provided for a small fee. Participants can learn skills such as communication and interpersonal skills, ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously, outstanding customer service skills, ability to work effectively individually and with a team, able to pay attention to details, able to clean all fixtures and furniture safely, ability to use and store chemicals in a safe manner, ability to finish assigned tasks effectively within limited time and ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Includes a series of lecture and workshop classes as well as a practical applications and referral to external resources.
• Participants will learn by cleaning a variety of environments including the restaurant, rest rooms and offices.
Drawing on the Success of the Dog Training Program in Prisons such as Lexington and recently introduced at Mabel Bassett we plan to offer a dog training program either on-site or at a local animal shelter to provide employment skills for the participant and improve the adoptability of shelter dogs.
• Participants can learn animal handling skills including: Excellent customer service skills, animal care and training skills, customer focused communication, relationship skills, and disciplined, professional leadership through teaching others training techniques.
• These pets will be trained as companions for widows, mascot/therapy dogs for veteran and senior centers or for people with special needs.
Community Resources Library, and general assistance room (information and assistance in connecting clients with available resources including housing, financial assistance, employment assistance, SSI/SSDI, VA resources)
We believe true Success encompasses addressing life challenges from a variety of dimensions. We help individuals explore and develop innovative solutions to life's challenges. (Some of these programs are not available yet)